To some, it's an ugly word. Greg Koch of Stone won't even admit to it.
You could google these and get most of them, but you probably shouldn't. Breweries hire marketing companies to differentiate themselves. If they don't throw money at a problem, they've probably enlisted a clever fan or spent valuable brewing time and considerable brainstorming resources over a beer or two. And let's be honest, they need to differentiate. They need to set themselves apart. Every one of these Arizona breweries has a Pale or an IPA. If we placed them all on a table, how many of our readers would be able to blindly identify them? Now how about the thousands of casual beer drinkers that we know.
Would you bet your life that your brother-in-law would be able to tell a Horseshoe Pale from an Oak Creek Pale. How about Raj versus a Victorian. I bet you can't name a time and place where you could compare those on draft side-to-side.
So take a stab at these, and if you don't know say so. Let's see how effective these marketing bylines are.
No googling. Let's give the breweries some feedback.
- Making Thirst Worthwhile
- Craft Beer for Beer Drinking
- 840 Million Years in the Making
- It's the Altitude
- Arizona's Finest Microbrewery
- Phoenix's Newest Brewery
- Proudly Serving Authenticity
- Here It Is
- Home of Tucson's Oldest and Newest MicroBrewery! (no longer in use)
- Artistry and Science in One Delicious Beverage
- The Proud Voice of Arizona's Breweries
Answers after the jump.
Winner gets bragging rights and a beer from yours truly.
- Making Thirst Worthwhile - Papago Brewing Co.
- Craft Beer for Beer Drinking - Santan Brewing Co.
- 840 Million Years in the Making - Grand Canyon Brewery
- It's the Altitude - Lumberyard Brewing Co.
- Arizona's Finest Microbrewery - Sonoran Brewing Co.
- Phoenix's Newest Brewery - Phoenix Ale Brewery
- Proudly Serving Authenticity - Presecott Brewing Co.
- Here It Is - Mother Road Brewing Co.
- Home of Tucson's Oldest and Newest MicroBrewery! (no longer in use) - Barrio Brewing Co.
- Artistry and Science in One Delicious Beverage Sleepy Dog Brewing Co.
- The Proud Voice of Arizona's Breweries - The Arizona Brewers Guild
Is it surprising that some breweries just don't have a tagline?
I perhaps forgot the best one, "Beer Like Your Mom Used to Make" by Flagstaff Brewing Co. It might not be original, but it made me laugh.
Well this post had plenty of traffic but really only one guesser, so Zack prevails!